Acne (commonly known as Pimples) is one of the most common skin diseases that general practitioners and dermatologists face frequently. Acne usually occurs in face and upper part of the body during and after puberty. It has links to the level of sex and growth hormones but life style can play a part in the development of Acne.
Acne can be mild, moderate or sever depending on the number of pustules and scars in skin. Acne occurs when the ducts of the skin oil glands are blocked. Secretions accumulate in glands and get infected with a type of bateria called P.Acnes, which lead to pustules, commonly called pimples.
- Use moisturising creams
- Long showers
- Energy proteins the athletics use to build up muscles
- Excessive dairy products consumption
- Certain types of contraception pills
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome in females
- Life style change to avoid the factors mentioned above
- Proper treatment of polycystic ovarian disease
- Certain types of contraceptive pills which have antiandrogen and oestrogen effect like diane and yasmin can be helpful to female patients
- Oral antibiotics like doxycycline or minocycline
- Topical antibiotics like epidue
- Topical tretinoin therapy
- In severe cases oral tretinoin is highly effective