The longer we live the more prevalence of age related illnesses.
- The most common illness in seniors:
– Elevated blood pressure.
– Heart diseases.
– Aches and pains in joints due to osteoarthritis.
– Lack of sleep.
- Preventative measures
– Immunisation of influenza every year.
– Pneumonia vaccines 2 doses 5 years apart
– Yearly health assessment 75+. This involves detailed history taking, thorough examination and blood and urine testing aiming at discovering the health risk factors, diagnosing and managing physical and mental illnesses in their early stages. It takes about 60 minutes